Monday, September 3, 2007

Day Three - Costuming Day


The Portland Pirate Festival is coming (follow the link) and since it's put on in part by some friends of mine I felt I would be remiss if I showed up in civilian attire. Alas, nothing in my costume trunk is very piraty. So I've decided to design and execute a proper 18th century gentleman's frock coat (suitably scuffed and faded to lend it the air of the scallywag) with all the voluminous folds that flair out properly when you spin to parry and riposte the attack of the man sneaking up behind you... (ahem...) Also a proper brocade waistcoat similarly abraded and stained. I figure I'll be playing a learned gentleman driven to piracy by hard times and the accusations of a more powerful enemy. Sort of a piratical Jean val Jean. What fun!

No comments: